JNVST : Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test
Navodaya Vidyalayas draw their student strength from talented children, selected on the basis of a merit test, called the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. This is designed, developed and conducted by NCERT initially and now the CBSE.
The test is held annually on All India basis and at block and district levels. It is objective, class neutral and is so designed as to ensure that rural children are not at disadvantage.
All the children who have studied and passed Class-V / 5th from any Govt. School/Govt. recognized School of that district and are between 9 and 13 years
Admission in Navodaya Vidyalayas are made at the level of Class-VI. However, provision is also made for lateral entry of students in Class-IX & XI.
All students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas attain a reasonable level of competence in three languages as envisaged in the Three Language Formula.
Free education to talented children from Class-VI to XII
Nominal fee @ Rs. 200/- per month is charged from students of Class IX to XII for Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi
The SC, ST, girls and disabled students and the children of the BPL families are exempted from this fee.
Phone: 0120-2405968, 69, 70,71,72,73 Extn.2010 Fax: 0120-2405922
JNVST 2014 result will be displayed in the offices of the concerned
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya
- District Education Officer
- District Magistrate
- Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the Region.
- The Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya concerned, will also inform the selected candidates through registered post.
- The result will also be displayed on website of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at the address www.navodaya.nic.in